BioTek Synergy 2
The Synergy 2 is a multi-mode plate reader. It is capable of reading Fluorescence Intensity, Fluorescence Polarization, Time-Resolved Fluorescence, AlphaScreen, Luminescence and UV-visible Absorbance.
The absorbance detection system is monochromator-based, providing the best level of flexibility in this read mode. The instrument has dedicated optical elements for each individual detection technique.
Our Synergy 2 is equipped with a Dual Reagent Dispensers for readings coordinated with the addition of chemical stimulus (instantaneous or specifically timed). This is an important feature for luciferase assays.
- Sample preparations in 96 or 384 well plates
Our Synergy 2 is equipped with Dual Reagent Dispensers
We have these filters and mirrors:
- 340/30 (NADH, DAPI, Hoechst, LanthaScreen europium, and Propidium iodide excitation)
- 440/40 (Attophos, Pacific Green, and Lucifer Yellow excitation)
- 485/20 (AlexaFluor488, FITC, GFP, and PicoGreen excitation)
- 530/25 (CY3 and 5-Tamra excitation)
- 560/15 (Alamar Blue, Cell Titer Blue, mCherry, RFP, and Texas Red excitation)
- 620/40 (AlexaFluor633 and CY5 excitation)
- 440/40 (Caspace-3, DAPI, and Hoechst emission)
- 485/20 (CFP and Pacific Green emission)
- 528/20 (AlexaFluor488, FITC, GFP, PicoGreen, and Lucifer Yellow emission)
- 590/20 (CY3, Cell Titer Blue, Alamar Blue, and RFP emission)
- 570/100 (AlphaScreen emission)
- 635/32 (mCherry, Propidium iodide and Texas Red emission)
- 680/30 (CY5 emission)
- Top 50%
- Dichroic Top 570 nm
- Dichroic Top 595 nm
- Dichroic Top 635 nm
If you need different filters for your assay please contact us.
- Expected Results:
Fluorescence Intensity, Fluorescence Polarization, Time-Resolved Fluorescense, AlphaScreen, Luminescence, or UV-visible Absorbance data.
Plate Selection Tips:
A solid bottom white plate is recommended because it will maximize your signal
Black plates reduce background noise
A solid bottom black plate is recommended if you will be doing a top read (most assays)
A clear bottom black plate is recommended if you will be doing a bottom read of adherent cells
A clear bottom black plate is required
UofA Internal: $21 | Academic / Nonprofit: $25.20 | Industry: $36.75 | Unit: Per Hour